HID Global HDP5000 Retransfer Printer
Weight: 22.00 poundsPrice: $1,990.00
HID Global HDP5000 Retransfer Printer
Fargo HID Global presents the HDP5000. HDP stands for High Definition Printing, and that is exactly what you get! With a print resolution of 300dpi these printers can give you near photo quality prints on your cards. The use of retransfer film helps to mask imperfections that could be highlighted by normal direct-to-card printing. This printer is FIPS-201-certified for printing Smart Proximity Access Cards.
Retransfer printing is a little different than the usual Direct to Card (DTC) printing. Specially formulated HDP dye-sublimation ribbons print full-color images onto the underside of clear HDP Film. The HDP Film is then transferred to the card through heat and pressure. HDP printing is a complex, revolutionary technology. Significant engineering energy was exerted to find the perfect combination of color ribbons, clear HDP Film and card materials that work in harmony to create highly durable and consistently excellent quality prints - even on tough-to-print matte finished cards, proximity cards and smart cards!
Printer Specifications- Printer Manufacturer - Fargo / HID Global
- Printer Series - HDP(High Definition Printing)
- Print Type - Retransfer Printing/ Reverse Transfer Printing
- Print Method - HDP Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
- Print Speeds - Single Side - up to 29 seconds per card / 124 cards per hour (YMCK with transfer)
Dual Sided with Lamination = up to 35 seconds per card / 102 cards per hour (YMCK with transfer and dual-sided, simultaneous lamination)
- Print Resolution - 300 dpi (Dots per inch) 11.8 dots/mm
- Accepted Media - Proximity Card
- Magnetic Stripe Card
- ABS Card
- Laminated PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride Plastic)
- PET Card
- PETG Card
- Smart Card
- Optical Media Card
- Card Size – CR-80 (3.370" L x 2.125" W / 85.6 mm L x 54 mm W)
- Card Thickness - . 030" (30 mil) to .050" (50 mil) / .762 mm to 1.27 mm
- Print Area - Edge-to-edge printing on CR-80
- Software Drivers - Windows 8/ 7/ Vista (32bit & 64 bit) / Server 2008 & 2003/ XP; Mac OS X v10.6 / v10.5 & Linux***
- Included Software - FARGO Workbench Diagnostic Utility with Color Assist spot-color matching
Standard Single Sided 89600 - $1990.00
This standard printer is perfect for printing single sided ID cards. The retransfer technology allows true edge-to-edge printing. With this printer you get high quality prints each time.
Standard Dual Sided 89640 - $2490.00
The dual sided printer is perfect for gift cards and membership cards that utilize both sides of the card. You get near photo resolution prints and cards that will last!
Single Sided with Laminator 89620 - $3090.00
Add a layer of protection to your cards with the laminator add on! You get all the benefits that come with the single side retransfer printer such as high definition prints and vibrant colors. The laminator adds a layer of protection to your cards and works to prevent dye migration, or the spreading of the dye over time giving your card a fuzzy look.
Dual Sided with Laminator 89660 - $3690.00
The laminator add on to a dual sided printer is a great option. You get the printer that is perfect for printing ID cards, gift cards, membership cards and more! The laminator adds durability to the cards ensuring image integrity!
Target Market Segments*• Government IDs – Retranfer printing has the capabilities to produce cards that are resistant to wear, tear and tampering. This makes it ideal for state IDs as well as Drivers Licenses that are made to last!
- Corporate IDs - HID is streamlining issuance of multi-functional employee ID cards. They can now be used for a variety of applications. They can be used for visual identification, time and attendance, access control and payment functions. In an inline process, the printer personalizes smart cards with text and color, and reads pre-programmed access card data, such as iCLASS®. The ability to work with Proximity Access Cards gives companies a layer of security and the ability to see who is coming and going from their facilities.
- University & School IDs - A single card can be used for physical access to buildings, logical access to networks, library checkout and other services, as well as cashless and debit card transactions on and off campus. These high quality prints are perfect for this! Adding lamination gives a level of durability that will stand up to the wear and tear placed on these cards.
*These segments are looking at use with Smart Proximity Cards
Part Numbers FGO-89600, 089620, 089640, 089660
Compatible Supplies84053 Retransfer Film for the HDP5000
84051 YMCK Print Ribbon for quality full color prints
84060 Premium Black Cartridge for all black text and elements
84054 Holographic Film for an added layer of security
84050 YMC Ribbon for full color prints
84061 YMCFK Ribbon for full color and fluorescent printing
84052 YMCKK Ribbon for dual sided printing with the back in all black
84056 YMCKH Ribbon for full color printing with an added heat seal panel
84057 YMCKI Ribbon for full color printing with an inhibitor panel to prevent the film from adhering to parts of the card
89200 HDP5000 Cleaning Kit for keeping your printer clean and working at its best